|Since 2005, IAF Canada has provided about $17 million in loans to 2,700 immigrants in different occupations across Canada.|
Outcomes for IAF loan recipients who completed their learning or licensing program:
|Studies show that our loan program is a win not only for Canada’s immigrants, but for Canada’s economy.|
- A recent survey of IAF loan recipients reported that 80% of those who completed their program or training plan are working in their field at the same level or above what they had before immigrating to Canada.1
- IAF loan recipients who completed their learning program went from $16,000 in income on average to $50,000 in income2
- IAF loan recipients went from paying $1,945 in tax based on their pre-borrowing income, to paying $8,452 in tax as a result of the loan (includes both federal and provincial tax)3
- Every $1 invested in IAF’s program returns $15 in income for the Canadian economy in the first year after a borrower completes their learning plan4
*IAF is a very high-return social program as shown in a study conducted at the University of Calgary, Department of Economics by J.C. Herbert Emery and Ana Ferrer.3
- The study quantifies an average rate of return of 33% on IAF loans
- These returns are even greater for high-earning occupations such as those in health care and engineering.
|Fulfilling dreams. Transforming lives.|
IAF loan recipients can make the greatest possible contribution to Canada’s economy and participate fully in their community as they move from working in survival jobs to doing what they do best.
Read our success stories.